Subject: [Leica] IMG: Amsterdam
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 22:17:58 +0000

You've put a great show on for us poor souls confined to our own
countries because of plague concerns, Nathan.

In my case, as soon as we get our boosters, and my more vulnerable wife
has her travel worries eased, we're heading away and Amsterdam seems a
good city break for four days - flat, yet interesting. My sole visit
there was a four hour stop over at Schipol, and I nearly gave myself a
heart attack trying to get back to the airport after a too brief wander
around the city centre. I was fit then and it was before the post 9/11
security intensification. God knows how I'd cope now.

I particularly like Jan Veth's portrait of his sisters. It's really
quite a marvellous painting and would grace the wall of my living room
quite well. I'd also rather like the Van Gogh self portrait too. Must
keep buying those lotto tickets.

The Dutch government should throw a few euro your way for your excellent
encouragement of tourism to the Netherlands.

Douglas