Subject: [Leica] Film and Digital
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 12:16:08 +0100

I liked it too. Like him I am somewhere between the two. I love film and
B&W and as many realise have a thing for "humanist" photography as
practiced by the likes of Willy Ronis and Lluis.

That being said film requires a lot more gear in the field, but digital
requires much more equipment back at base. With that comes it's own
problems. Believe you me I know, I am just rebuilding/upgrading my
server and it is proving a nightmare! :-)

Having just had seven rolls back from Ilford/Harman has given its own
issues.

It's always a trade-off. For thoughtful photography nothing beats film,
IMHO, with only 36 exposures you need to think about what you are doing.
With digital it is too tempting to shoot away, safe in the idea that you
are very unlikely to flood a modern SD card.

Then of course there is the cost of digital kit, and as we all know
there is nothing to compare with shooting with an LTM or M3.

Horses for courses.

Peter