Subject: [Leica] Up-resolution with PS Enhance and with Gigapixel
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 17:25:13 -0500

Howard,

What I am seeing (on the images I've been playing with) is that
Gigapixel adds quite a bit of definition to the raw file.? For example,
a 2x Gigapixel image is sharper (in a good way) than the 2x Enhance
file, which seems very close to the original cropped raw file..? A 4x
Gigapixel viewed at 50% appears identical to the 2X Gigapixel image.?
Applying Topaz Sharpen AI to the Enhance file results in "crunchy"
sharpness compared to Gigapixel.? Gigapixel seems to be a better way to
go, considering that you could go larger than 2x if needed.? Technology
is great.? I used to lug 4x5 and 8x10 film cameras, now have a Fuji kit
that fits in a small bag with four lenses, and you have taken it steps
further.

Ken