Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo Web Site Software
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 21:01:58 -0700

That's right.  FrontPage makes simple web sites easy to build, while it
makes more complex designs difficult.  But no tool is optimal for everything
you want to do.

I do image acquisition and preparation on a G4 Mac.  Site design and layout
is done in Photoshop + GoLive also on the Mac.  Everything is staged to a
Win2k machine sitting in my office.  Any ASP or database work gets done on
the Win2k box.  It helps if your Windows and Mac machines are sitting next
to each other so you can iterate through the design/code/test process
without getting up.  Then, once everything is done and tested, you just ftp
the whole site to your production server.

- --Jim