Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo Web Site Software
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 18:22:38 -0700

Charles,
If you are running Windows, the easiest solution by far is FrontPage 2002.
The current version includes templates for building online photo albums.
However, while FrontPage will get off to a quick start, it does not provide
as much fine control over your design as other packages such as Adobe GoLive
and Macromedia's Dreamweaver.  But these two have a much steeper learning
curve.  Bear in mind that if you use FrontPage, your web server must have
the FrontPage extensions installed.  As your hosting service about this.
Most offer FP extensions nowadays.

If you are running a Mac, Apple has a very nice free service called
"iTools".  By signing up for iTools, you get an email account and some web
space and there is an web-based iTool that will help you build an online
photo album.  Along these same lines, for both platforms, you could also
create a "community" on MSN.

Feel free to contact me offline for clarification or more info.

- --Jim Laurel