Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford delta 100 dev. suggestions
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:33:08 +0200

Friends -

if you have got LOTS OF time to spend for film development, try this:

split the envisaged development time in 1 minute segments; after each minute
in developer transfer the reel (in darkness, of course) to another tank with
water (no agitation), and keep it there for 2mins. Development times are
extended mightily, but you get beautifully balanced negatives!

You can use the _old_  developers undiluted with excellent results, but I
have no experience with more recent formulas. My experiences show this kind
of development brings out the best in every lens - and therefore can be
regarded the best for Leica work (for me at least).

Martin

on 9/21/01 4:38 PM, Mark Rabiner at mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com wrote:

>> After many years of sticking to Tri-X and FP4plus, I'm starting to
>> experiment with newer emuslions.  I've used Xtol (1+2 and 1+1) for delta
100
>> (at e.i. 100) and though I am pleased with the acutance and smooth grain
>> am not happy with the tonal balance, which I find to be overly harsh.
Any
>> suggestions on a developer/time combinations that I might experiment
with?

try agitating less towards the end, like every 2 mins then every 3 mins

also try develping for about 2/3 the time and then transferring to a kodalk
solution

this works beautifully with Delta

- --
John Brownlow