Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri Elmar Focusing Tab
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 13:12:03 EDT

Dans un courrier daté du 19/09/01 22:23:32 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
m.sadat@verizon.net a écrit :

> yes, craig. u just described what my lens feels like.

My live experience with the 3E :

Last august I was on a mission in Goose Bay ( lLabrador ) ,
along with my old M6 and new 3E.
I didn't notice it at first time , but day after day , the diaph
ring of my 3E went looser and looser , up to the point that
I became scared that the front ring came apart .
So I used my 35 'cron as a loupe and noticed 3 tiny allen
screws , splayed at 120° from each other , retaining the front
ring .
Unable to send the lens ( under warranty ) at Solms , at
decided to go to shopping and bought a set of micro allen
keys to re-tighten those damned screws .
I bought a set from " fuller " and carrefully found that the correct
key was .7mm .
So I screwed every thing back up to the correct torque ( actually
very low torque ) and found that the focusing ring became hard .
What I simply did was to find the exact torque needed to get
a soft focus ring and a tight enough diaph ring .
I seems to me that those 3 screws are acting on an inverted
tappered ring inside of the lens , and the more torque you apply
to those screws , the more everything gets tightened .
The lens went ok then .
Although I don't recommand everyone to do so , I can say it
worked for me . Anyway now the lens it at Solms with my M6
for frame selection problem .
It's hard to be Leicaless !

JO GOODTIMES -FRANCE