Subject: Re: [Leica] Tripods in France
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:13:48 -0500

>> ARTHURWG@aol.com wrote:
>>
>>Anyone have any experience using, or trying to use, a tripod in France?
> I've
>>heard that it's almost impossible, or at least very difficult, as someone
> is
>>bound to chase you away etc. I'm planning to take a trip there sometime
> this >year<<<<<<

Ted Grants says:

> Hi Arthur,
> I see others have said there's no problem using a tripod in France and that
> maybe their experience in some locations.
>
> Just don't try and use a tripod within the confines of  the Arch de Triomphe
> or you will be politely told... "Non tripod!" You will be asked/told nicely
> by the policemen. Don't  argue, just do it! They don't do nicely the second
> time around. :-)

I would like to point out that if you use a tripod on any of the National
Parks in Washington, DC you may be asked to put it away by the police. On
National Parks land in DC you must have a permit to use a tripod.

sl

Replies: Reply from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] Tripods in France)
Reply from "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] Tripods in France)
Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> ([Leica] Tripods On US Park Service Lands)