Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Processing in hotel rooms
From: Cmrausr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:37:19 EDT

>> Fellow Lug Nuts,
>>     What is the big deal about processing on the road?
>>     When I was with the Philadelphia Evening & Sunday Bulletin, we had
>> complete portable darkroom w/ a home made film dryer and enlarger (Durst-
>> very small) all in a large Halliburton case.
>>     A second case held a transmitter which you hooked up to a telephone.
>>     Today, with mini-labs, digital cameras, lap-tops, etc. all the fun is
>> gone from portable jobs.
>> Happy Snaps,
>> Sal DiMarco, Jr.
>> Philadelphia, Pa

...Not to mention every wire service photographer in the world, prior to
converting to digital a few years ago. Standard gear was "portable" darkroom,
transmitter, black plastic sheeting and lots of duct tape. Oh yeah, 40lbs of
camera gear, and a change of clothes or two.

The Durst 300 and 600 series enlargers were popular until we had to start
printing color on each job, then we used a compact Fujimoto. If you think B&W
in a hotel room is fun, try processing and printing color..... makes you
REALLY appreciate a digital Nikon.

cheers
Scott
Scott Stewart