Subject: RE: [Leica] [OT] Re- new aviation rules
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 22:59:49 -0600

Four or five years ago a Canadian Navy Submarine Commander was "cashiered",
as they say in Britain, for taking part in some strange submariners ritual
which included the insertion of one of these cigar tubes (surely it had to
be an Upmann...) in the anus of some poor young officer in the wardroom.

So obviously these military habits die hard and continue from generation to
generation. Why his lawyer didn't try and introduce the "training in
preparation for being a POW" argument, I don't know!!
Tim A

PS - note to self - if I find myself on a submarine, keep my back to the
wall