Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: New aviation rules
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 23:22:56 -0700

Adam Bridge wrote:

>>> Oh boy - I think it's one of the most stupid ideas of the (young)
century.
I work when I'm on the plane. No carry-on means no brief-case, no computer,
no work materials. Will I be allowed to carry on a novel? Women carry on
purses?>>>>>

Hi David,
Sorry mate, but under the circumstances you may not have any choice as it
isn't just someone on the LUG making this up, it happens to be an assessment
being considered by your Government and mine and the airlines.

> This is STUPID STUPID STUPID.<<<<<

I suppose, however what choice do you have?

> People can't make risk assesments at all it seems.<<<,

I guess not, but might you suggest one, sir.

> Do you think someone couldn't sneak a weapon in via their shoe? Shall we
all board naked? (I pity the people who'd have to see ME).<<<<

Now that's a hell of a good idea, be a wild ride in the wild blue yonder!
;-)  Naked you say, hmmmmmm well now ! jeeeesh I suppose there'd be good,
bad and ugly passengers in that case! ;-)

> Can we get a sense of perspective.......PLEASE?????<<<<<

Well now lad, I am and I'm sure many here, are open to any reasonable sense
of perspective, certainly when some of us carry a half dozen Leica's in the
shoulder bag on the plane and what we'll be doing in the future.

We know some of our members have been allowed to carry their gear on board
in the past few days, that doesn't mean it will not be changed. Simply
because, when heads of governments and airlines get together and it's
decided "no carry on baggage" we aren't going to have much choice.

And getting all in a huff over it isn't going to do anything but get ones
blood pressure up and not accomplish anything but possibly a heart attack!

Imagine a no carry on flight, " Naked Truth 101!" ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: New aviation rules)