Subject: Re: [Leica] Re- new aviation rules
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 07:39:03 -0700

> > on a plane he will succeed.
Austin replied:
> I believe that is absolutely true.<<<<<

Of course it's true, money and fanaticism can beget anything one wants.

I suppose a really mental case could insert a switch blade, "folded"  in
their rectum and "sneak it on board," then use it later, but that doesn't
make it wrong that carry on baggage should be eliminated.

How many times have you boarded and had some passengers so loaded with
stuff, certainly in size of packages, that they're just a damn danger to
everyone in a security or safety situation.

Hey, I don't have a problem with eliminating carry on stuff, simply because
when we fly commuter aircraft there is a baggage cart available just before
boarding, leave your bag full of Leica gear on the cart, it's the last stuff
loaded and it's the first stuff on the cart when I get off the plane, no big
deal.  I think that might be a possibility for bigger planes and long
flights if some thoughts were put together to make it work.

The other side of this at the moment is, everyone is jumpy as we may not
have seen the "onetime only" of what we witnessed last week, so lets just
roll with the folks in charge for a bit and see what happens.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Re- new aviation rules)