Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: New aviation rules
From: "Jim Laurel" <JimLaurel@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 12:50:33 -0700

I don't carry alot of gear on my travels (usually just a pair of M6s and
some lenses), but what has worked for me is to place a small Pelican case
(like a 1500) inside of an old beat-up duffle.  Actually, a Domke satchel
with two M6s and 4 lenses, wrapped in some padding fits perfectly inside a
1500.  Wrap the Pelican in towels, fleece jackets or whatever so it doesn't
tear up the duffle from the inside, strap the whole bundle together with
some webbing straps, and lock both the duffle and the Pelican.  Don't forget
to mark the Pelican with your name and address info.  This way, you can
check your cameras in knowing that they won't be damaged, plus not have an
expensive looking case going through the airport's baggage handling system.

- --Jim