Subject: Re: [Leica] Foggy Viewfinder / Big Speck of Dust In New M6 And Lens
From: "Jim Laurel" <JimLaurel@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:06:27 -0700

Olivier,
Normally, I would agree with you, but in my experience, but in just 3 years,
I have had to return 5 bodies:

...2 years ago...
- -- 1 classic .85x with shutter bounce causing a dark band down the right
side of the frame at high shutter speeds (>1/125) and a misaligned RF
- -- 1 R6.2 in which the viewfinder light malfunctioned

...and just last week...
- -- 2 TTL .58x bodies with the shutter bounce problem
- -- 1 TTL .58x body with a shutter button that intermittently jams

I am as much of a Leica supporter as anyone here and have continued to use
the product because when you finally get cameras that work properly, they
are wonderful.  The local dealers have always been very supportive and
replace the defective units immediately.  In the case of the .58x TTLs, I
ran through the dealer's entire stock (of 3 units) and found every one
defective!  As someone here said, I may just have some sort of Leica curse.

My sample isn't statistically valid, of course.  Perhaps Leica ships all the
factory seconds to Seattle.  I don't know.  However, at the prices they
charge for the equipment, I do expect better QA.

- --Jim