Subject: RE: [Leica] R8 generations/revisions
From: "Nguyen, Olivier T [AMSTA-AR-CCF]" <onguyen@pica.army.mil>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:07:36 -0400

hi there,
I just recently bought the R8 made in Germany.  as far as I know, there is
nothing different between German made version and Portugal made version.  My
neighbor has Portugal made version one and yes, the serial number is much
higher than my serial number.  I don't recall what is my camera serial right
now but something in 2nd or 3rd generation serial number.
Olivier