Subject: RE: [Leica] 800ASA Film Grain
From: "Nguyen, Olivier T [AMSTA-AR-CCF]" <onguyen@pica.army.mil>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 08:59:58 -0400

JohnA,
I will give it a try.

thank you for your reply
Olivier

- -----Original Message-----
From: John Amiet [mailto:jeapic@operamail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 7:01 AM
To: LUG Messages
Subject: [Leica] 800ASA Film Grain

Oliver T,
Re your query about Son C's cat PAW, if I can butt in, I habitually print
800ASA to 12" x 16" and even 16" x
20" with amazing lack of apparent grain. I still stand in disbelief of the
clarity and definition of prints from such
films. Admittedly, I do ALL my own processing, but there is no reason why a
decent lab (under your direction if
necessary) could not print to your pleasure. Give it a go!
Cheers,
JohnA

John Amiet
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA