Subject: Re: [Leica] Sinclair article (was For You George)
From: Henry Ambrose <henryambrose@home.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 11:41:26 -0500

John Brownlow wrote:

>> What do you mean, John?
>
>I mean the US is the most powerful economic, military and political force on
>the planet. WTC aside, Americans have no need to feel sorry for themselves
>about the way they are treated in the world.
>--
>John Brownlow

Please try again to get this through my thick head.
Feeling sorry for ourselves?

There's been lots of hand wringing about how "we're changed forever" and
"things will never be the same".  Is this what you mean?

Or do you mean the part where we seem to be saddled with maintaining
world order while hindered by other countries who seem to want us to do
all the dirty work while they sit on their hands?

I'd say we're owed some gratefulness not an attack.
We're gonna find who our friends/allies are now.

And we're gonna find the OTHER side too and hopefully beat them back into
the woodwork for a few more years or decades.

Henry