Subject: [Leica] Sinclair Article
From: Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:57:35 -0400

Mark:

It was my intention to post no further messages to the LUG regarding
current events however I want to apologize to you and to anyone else who
thought that my posting of the Sinclair article was an anti-Canadian
act.

The Sinclair article is being emailed all across the USA and I've
received it 7 times today, one of those from Toronto!  I have emailed
those who have sent a copy to me to ask them why.  Every one of them has
answered something similar to the effect that it was to help Americans
feel better. When I've queried further, _ALL_ have denied, some with
incredulousness, that it was an anti-Canadian piece. Instead, they
thought that it was both pro-Canadian and pro-USA.  I think the problem
is mostly with the last paragraph which can be interpreted in at least
two different ways.

It may have been originally written by a "crank" in 1973 with an axe to
grind, but it most certainly wasn't sent by me as a "contemptuous
reprinting of the 30 year-old ravings of some nut."  I was around in
1973 but was unaware of, or simply forget that it was written/printed
then.

At any rate, I again apologize for inadvertently fostering any
anti-American/anti-Canadian sentiments....

Geez, youdda thought Canada was another country!

Jim