Subject: Re: [Leica] Sinclair article (was For You George)
From: Henry Ambrose <henryambrose@home.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 17:12:50 -0500

>I'm not using any of this as a justification for what happened this week,
>but
>rather a gentle suggestion to those who are seemingly perplexed as to how
>America is perceived from off-shore.
>
>Just my opinion.
>Kim
Kim,
All those things and lots more are there for all the world to see. That
we train someones police or military does not make us responsible for the
actions that their governments undertake at a later date. If we train the
police of some small country to be better police officers but when they
get home they're directed to round up anti-government countrymen, who is
to blame? The US or the government of that country? Lets place the blame
squarely where it should be - on the shoulders of the government that
directed the deed.

In the 80s we trained and assisted the Afgans to fight the Russians. At
that time many here thought it a good thing to do. Was it? I don't know.
At the time I thought - yes.
Before that we had "advisors" in Vietnam and that led to a hell of a mess
in anyone's estimation.

Whats the answer? Pull back and watch the rest of the world slide into
war? Do you think for a moment that stopping aid to other countries would
some how prevent them from running their agendas? I think not.

Henry