Subject: RE: [Leica] Sinclair article (was For You George)
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 11:53:38 -0400

> We've just taken in, fed and housed 37,000 passengers,
> mostly American, from flights headed to the U.S.

The hotel rooms and all food was free?  Really?  I was unaware of that.

- -

Gander, Newfoundland, one of those transatlantic refueling stops for some,
pop. ~10,000 has taken in approximately that many passengers on grounded
flights (25 747s, the last I heard).  They are staying in people's homes,
chruch basements, school gyms and the like, probably being served food and
screech from personal pantries.  I don't think any of the good people of
Gander would accept a dime for that.

Our hospital in Hamilton, about an hour's drive from Buffalo, was put on
Orange Alert the day of and for some of the day after, meaning that we were
to prepare for disaster victims.

Help?  You didn't even need to ask.

Jonathan Lee