Subject: Re: [Leica] Sinclair article (was For You George)
From: Henry Ambrose <henryambrose@home.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:32:42 -0500

>The US deserves the world's compassion for the terrible events of two days
>ago. Believe me, it does not need any sympathy for being hard-done by in
>other respects.
>--
>John Brownlow

What do you mean, John?

For whatever reasons the US has been singled out as the representative of
evil in the world. We're not. We may do things that aren't the smartest
way to deal with the rest of the world but we're NOT the DEVIL.

What I think is really happening is that the oppressors around the world
use America's position and (sometimes) actions as superpower as a veil
for holding their own people down in abject misery, poverty and
powerlessness. They kick the living shit out of their own people and tell
them its the US's fault.  These people are the ones who cause the misery
that we get blamed for.

Israel is not our fault. The British set it up and the UN was supposed to
administer it. They failed miserably. Its been a hellacious mess since
before I was born. Whole generations have know nothing but war in their
homelands.

Its not the fault of the US.

Blaming the worlds problems on America has to stop.

Henry Ambrose