Subject: Re: [Leica] Terror
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:30:40 -0400

on 9/13/01 9:38 AM, Austin Franklin at darkroom@ix.netcom.com wrote:

>> Wars have been provoked just to sell
>> weapons (to both sides, of course). Wars have been declared because a
>> "friend" had been attacked. Wars have been declared because of economic
>> problems and religion.
>
> In the "civilized" world, between countries?  I am not talking about "third
> world" wars...those, yes, some of what you say is probably true.

Arguably the Great War fulfilled both of the economic and 'friend attacked'
criteria. The 'rape of little Belgium' was used to convince the British
public that the conflict was a just one, using massively exagerrated
accounts of German atrocities including the eating of babies. I've
personally studied the propaganda. One animated movie which shown in British
cinemas depicts the Kaiser as a monster with devil horns, raping a nurse who
represents Belgium. The conflict was very, very clearly predicated by the
British government as a holy Christian war against a satanic power, and this
tactic succeeded perfectly in mobilising public opinion and causing hundreds
of thousands of men to volunteer for duty.

What about the US war with Mexico, which involved the seizure of almost half
the latter county's territory? Or doesn't that count?
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com