Subject: Re: [Leica] Terror
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 07:49:04 -0400

on 9/13/01 6:45 AM, B. D. Colen at bdcolen2001@yahoo.ca wrote:

> Please -While there is no question that the dropping
> of the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was horrifying,
> it was quite clear that Japan was prepared to "fight
> to the death" - and was training young children to use
> bamboo spears to fight off American troops. Had the US
> ultimately invaded mainland Japan, there would have
> been far more casualties than there were in the two
> cities after the bombs were dropped.
>
> Further - those bombs were dropped after four years of
> all-out war - a war begun against the U.S. by the
> Japanese. Let's keep history straight here. One may be
> a pacifist, and thus consider all war evil and
> inexcusable - terrorist if you will. But if one is
> not, then one should not be confusing acts committed
> by terrorists with wars between nations.

read all of my posts and I don't say anything about things being right or
wrong only that they are perceived that way by different folks. I have no
intention of getting into a discussion about the rights and wrongs of
Hiroshima.

My overall point which most people seem to have missed is that there IS no
real distinction between war and terrorism, and that thankfully the
political rhetoric seems to have finally acknowledged that.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com