Subject: Re: [Leica] Terror
From: Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 19:54:44 -0400

George:

You don't know what you are talking about!  If you want to be considered
credible then you should probably read a book or two.

We call it Sneak Attack on Pearl Harbor because it was a "sneak
attack"... get it? sneak attack!  There was no declaration of war by the
Japanese before they attacked Pearl Harbor.  We only declared war on
them afterwards.

>The Japanese attacked a military installation during a declared war.<

The Japanese at the time were one of the two scourges of the world.
They had killed hundreds of thousands of civilians throughout Asia.
They had proven at Okinawa that they would kill at least 100,000 allied
servicemen if we invaded their country.  And make no mistake about it,
we had to invade and control their country and make them into the
democracy that they are today.  We didn't do that in Iraq and look at
the results.

>The US disintegrated two cities full of civillians.<

George, it's commendable to be for peace but please don't fabricate
facts to justify yourself.

- ---
    George Lottermoser wrote:
    darkroom@ix.netcom.com (Austin Franklin)9/12/016:16 PM

    > I was told the US was attacked by the
    > Japanese at Pearl Harbor,

    The Japanese attacked a military installation during a declared
    war.

   and the US, at the time of the Hiroshima bombings,

Replies: Reply from Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com> ([Leica] On Topic, my PAW)