Subject: Re: [Leica] repairs?
From: "=?Windows-1252?B?TeJydGny8CBaZWxtZW5pcw==?=" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:09:19 +0300

OK,
you've got a good point!

The trouble is there was practically no reliable AND FAST camera / lens
repair facility in my vicinity (I may say <country>); and I severely doubt
there currently is any repair shop able - for instance - to remove front
element scratches, glue unstuck elements back together, etc., etc.. When my
M4 developed shutter problems in early 90ies, I was lucky to be able to send
it to Sweden for repairs - and they took MORE than a month. (I was afraid I
may never get my camera back.)

So Repair Services weren't in my mind at all when I started out with
<reliability>.

M.