Subject: Re: [Leica] which classes use leicas?
From: "=?Windows-1252?B?TeJydGny8CBaZWxtZW5pcw==?=" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:08:42 +0300

OH!

While I really appreciate your wit in the passages like:

<>In any case, just remember that you often don't know what you've got until
it's
>gone.  If you want a thousand dilletantes discussing how many angels can
dance
>on the shutter-speed dial of an M4 over cognac and cigars in the lodge,
you're
>on the right path; if you want any number of real photographers using
Leicas
>discussing photography and Leica equipment, I think the train left the
rails
>quite a while ago, and tossing anyone who doesn't want to follow the rules
of
>the old boys' club will only make it worse.

I'd say you've got it wrong a bit:
don't forget <the bokeh of 55-year-old lenses> and like subjects IS
UP-TO-Date <_Leica photography_>  - just because those cameras don't age
that way. They're still part of <real photography>.

Martin