Subject: Re: [Leica] when ?/M2 black
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 20:17:00 -0600

Go here and scroll down for the official list:

http://www.cameraquest.com/mtype.htm

The problem is that cameras can be "genuine" black paint cameras and not be
in the proper serial number range. For a collector this is a problem but for
a user it really does not matter. If you are a collector it is important
that the camera has a known history (bills of sale and repair) as serial
numbers can be altered. It is also complicated by the fact that Leica used
to do black paint conversions on request.

John Collier