Subject: [Leica] Caution this message contains words that start with L and R
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 21:16:36 -0600

Several weeks ago, one of our august members, while waxing eloquent on his
new M-Motor, casually mentioned that he no longer uses his early (brass
bodied) Rapidwinder. I, ever the one to take advantage of widows and other
unfortunate helpless creatures, persuaded him to part with it in exchange
for a small pile of silver shekels. I have been curious about the
Rapidwinder for many a year but always hesitated to take the plunge as I had
no chance to test drive one. Fortunately used Leica gear is almost like
borrowing as it is so easy to get your money back out of something that is
not quite up to snuff.

Oh dear...what the heck was I actually going to talk about? Ah yes, the
Rapidwinder! It is marvellous and I love it! I am a trigger winding convert.
It is just so much more a comfortable motion. Usually camera bits and pieces
require one to get used to them but the RW was great right from the first
exposure. I would heartily recommend anyone to give the Rapidwinder a try
(no commercial connection...sigh). I am now going to try and find a later
model (aluminium alloy bodied). Unfortunately they are hard to come by what
with Tom A. feeling sickly. These are indeed dark days but I intend to get
on my knees and pray to the deity of my choice for his speedy recovery.
Might I suggest all you other Rapidwinder converts join me?

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Caution this message contains words that start with L and R)