Subject: Re: [Leica] College
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@wm.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:02:07 -0400

Just to offer anecdotal support of BD's advice.  At least six of my former
students have moved into journalism from a major in history over the past
decade.  All of them were active in one form or another of campus
publication, ranging from the college newspaper to various literary
magazines.  They all secured internships (usually between jr. and senior
year), and they all landed respectable though low level jobs directly out
of college.  I can't compare this with the success of journalism programs
(we don't have one at William and Mary), but I think that it's a pretty
decent placement record.

Good luck!

Chandos

At 02:13 PM 7/23/01 -0400, you wrote:
>The truth? DO NOT MAJOR IN PHOTOJOURNALISM. DO NOT MAJOR IN JOURNALISM.

Chandos Michael Brown
History and American Studies
College of William and Mary
www.wm.edu/cas/asp/faculty/brown