Subject: RE: [Leica] 1st Time Handling an M6
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 13:48:46 -0400

> This is made possible by what I consider Canon's greatest innovation:
> Custom Function Four. Other makes of camera require you to focus, hold
> pressure on the shutter release, reframe the picture, shoot, and then do
> it all over again for the next shot. But CF4 puts the focus on a button
> which falls naturally under my thumb and doesn't even need to be held
> down once focus is set.
>
> I have always thought of my Canons as my "electronic Leicas."

Yep, and you can manually touch up focus at any time without having to flip
a switch (with the USM lenses, which is the vast majority of them).  And the
focus ring turns in the same direction.

All of which has me wanting a 1v.  I understand that with one of Stephen
Gandy's adapters, you can mount R lenses on an EOS body and, though it means
resorting to stop down metering, you retain auto-exposure in Av and P
modes--not bad!

Dan (dreaming of a 100 apo on a 1v)

Replies: Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] 1st Time Handling an M6)