Subject: RE: [Leica] mosquitoes and shooting....
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 17:08:03 -0400

Kyle,

I've had that same night way too many times (pimples and all).

Just last night, in fact, I was up for hours trying to sleep after having
shot photos at Artscape for 12 hours straight--no break, no food, no
stopping at GO and collecting $200.  22 rolls of spent Provia later, I
couldn't _stop_ shooting, even while laying in bed staring at the ceiling
and wondering when my mind would finally settle down.

I took two Benadryl.  Nothing.  I had a couple shots of brandy.  Nada.  I
rifled through my prescription drug cabinet and decided against a twelve
year old bottle of xanax.

Some nights you just can't win, and I decided at 3 am to just sit with it
all--the restless feeling in my legs, the exhausted body, the tireless,
frenzied mind--and only then, while sitting in the middle of my living room
floor, watching headlights from the occasional passing car cast shadows
across the walls and ceiling, with only the sounds of the crickets for
company--only then did sleep come at last.

Dan