Subject: Re: [Leica] comparing new & old lenses (was: Leicas spotted on the BIG screen....)
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:37:33 -0400

Howard-
I 'fess up! My Elmar is a coated version, in fact, it appears to be one of
the transitional lenses- it has the black dial, but the serial number is
late enough to possibly have the red scale's lens cells installed, and the
coating is different from earlier Elmars. The performance a little stopped
down is very much like the Summicron.
I do use a couple of uncoated lenses for portraits, and they are quite nice!
Dan