Subject: Re: [Leica] re Halogena bulb
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:30:32 -0400

Frank-
The Philips Halogena bulb is a non-directional bulb- instead of globular, or
pear shaped, there is a fat middle, and a slightly smaller end, which is
pointed toward the condensor. It is widely advertised as lasting at least
two years in regular lighting situations, but since the lettering or label
is imprinted just above the screw portion, it leaves the end plain and
unobstructed. I get mine at Home Depot, or Lowes (I have even seen them at
the supermarket- but they want about $.45 more apiece)
They are basically an larger opal white envelope that has a smaller halogen
bulb inside, and seems to work quite well.
Dan