Subject: [Leica] Bandhavgarh
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 21:07:09 +0530

I was in Bandhavgarh earlier this month for a couple of full day safaris -
I had booked for four days, but got grounded in Chennai for the first two
days by Cyclone Michaung. Something is better than nothing, I guess.

The first instalment of photographs of this trip is a documentation of a
stroll through a sun-dappled forest by a tigress called Katiba in the
Kithauli Zone. The light was spectacular, and I could have chosen any of
the frames I shot, but chose the selection here as a representation. Her
belly looks heavy - either she had just had a good meal, or she was
pregnant. If the latter, next December should be a good time to plan a
Bandhavgarh safari!

Studies During her walk:

1:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tigerland/Bgarh+Main/Bgarh23/Bandhavgarh-20231209-227-Edit.jpg.html

2:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tigerland/Bgarh+Main/Bgarh23/Bandhavgarh-20231209-234-Edit.jpg.html

3:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tigerland/Bgarh+Main/Bgarh23/Bandhavgarh-20231209-250-EditExpand.jpg.html

4:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tigerland/Bgarh+Main/Bgarh23/Bandhavgarh-20231209-258-EditExpand.jpg.html

5:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tigerland/Bgarh+Main/Bgarh23/Bandhavgarh-20231209-262-EditExpand.jpg.html

6:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tigerland/Bgarh+Main/Bgarh23/Bandhavgarh-20231209-274-EditExpand.jpg.html

Then she finally came out into the light:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tigerland/Bgarh+Main/Bgarh23/Bandhavgarh-20231209-326-Edit.jpg.html

She found a tree, smelt it and exhibited the Flehmen Response:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tigerland/Bgarh+Main/Bgarh23/Bandhavgarh-20231209-429-Edit.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Criticisms and comments, as always, welcome

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Bandhavgarh)
Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Bandhavgarh)