Subject: [Leica] Computer Problems
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 16:00:51 -0400

LUG:

I haven't been posting lately here or on FB because of computer problems.
We had several power outages and my APC power back-up did not work as it
should have.  I have no idea why.  I had to restore my entire computer and
start from scratch on loading everything.

My Lightroom Catalog has been restoring itself for 4 days now and it is 66%
finished.  I did have over 1,000,000 photos in the one catalog so I guess
that's to be expected.   I moved the catalog from an external hard drive in
my Drobo to my internal SSD drive, hoping it would be faster but it didn't
seem to help yet.

In the meantime, I can't do anything else while waiting for the computer to
do its thing so we have just been enjoying the cooler weather and rain
here.  It has been so hot and dry all summer, the rain is really a relief.

Until my computer is fixed...

Tina

--
https://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/index