Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 11/8/2023: Rzeszów, contre-jour
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 07:08:56 +0200

Earlier this month I spent a few days in Rzesz?w, the largest city in
south-eastern Poland, located less than 100 km from the Ukraine border. For
that reason, the city has become a major transit point for western military
aid for Ukraine, with about 30 flights a day landing at the local airport
with military hardware and other supplies. Ukrainian soldiers are also being
trained in nearby military bases. The only sign of all this were some
Patriot batteries just outside Rzesz?w airport, pointing east. In the city
itself, life is entirely normal, no different from when I was last there 5
years ago. The purpose of the trip was also the same: my wife and her bridge
partner Curra were playing in an international bridge tournament. In the
meantime I explore Rzesz?w on foot, and the surrounding countryside in the
rental car. I am still working on the many photos I took, but here is one
that I particularly liked, a late afternoon scene from Rzesz?w main square,
Rynek:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-3FbmQCP/A

Much more to come.

Cheers,