Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 18/5/2023: Hoboken
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 06:58:48 -0400

During this week, besides the daily visits to Manhattan, I have also been
exploring the town of Hoboken here in New Jersey. My son lives in the
neighbouring town Weehawken, although here it is sometimes hard to tell
where one town ends and the next one begins. The other day I walked the
length of Hoboken?s main street, Washington St. It is about a mile long,
starting at the city hall near the intersection with 1st St., and ending at
15th St. where there is an excellent liquor store called Cork & Wine. It is
a nice walk through small-town America (incidentally, Hoboken?s main claim
to fame is that the first officially recognised baseball game was played
there in 1846).

This is Washington Street:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-BTwFMQV/A

City Hall:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-BzHSXm4/A

One of the reasons I did this walk is that all the utility boxes on
Washington Street are beautifully painted, like this:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-q2hjg6X/A

And I ran into this busker, playing close to a John Lennon utility box:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-KhF7Gmz/A

And he sounded very good.

There is a lot to like about Hoboken.

Cheers,