Subject: [Leica] Noise reduction programs DxO versus new LR noise reduction program
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 08:24:39 +0530

I have stopped worrying about noise in photographs, I just shoot at
whatever ISO is needed and clean it up afterwards in post processing. I
have registered copies of too many bits of NR software to count, but, at
present, DXO PureRAW 3 is the weapon of choice for global noise reduction -
for selective adjustment, both Adobe's andTopaz's AI based masking tools, I
feel, are more accurate, and therefore easier to use. As Topaz is much
faster, I stick to that.

If none of this works, I just convert to B&W, and call it film grain. ?

It always amuses me that we criticize what we see as "blemishes" in our
general concepts of one medium, when, at the same time, we admire the same
blemishes when the correct bias points are triggered about another medium.

Cheers
Jayanand

On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 1:11?AM Howard Cummer via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>