Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sunset Day
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 00:47:33 +0000

Greetings, and a Happy Sunset Day to all! There's an interesting photo
coming - read on.

This is the day of the earliest sunset of the year in mid-northern
latitudes like the USA where most Luggers hang their respective hats.
 From tomorrow, the sunsets begin, ever so slowly, to be later,
according to clock time. However, where I am in Ireland the sunset will
take another couple of days to reach that latitude's earliest one.
However, to make up for that, all our the sunrises will continue to get
later squeezing the daylight hours until we reach the 21st/22nd December
- the shortest days of the year.

This odd effect is caused by the tilting Earth in relationship explained
here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analemma

Here is the very first photograph of the phenomenon taken by Denis Di
Ciccio over a year in 1978/9. His camera was stationary in the same spot
at the same time of day for one year.
https://petapixel.com/2011/09/20/more-people-have-walked-on-the-moon-than-have-captured-the-analemma/

However, I have no idea what camera lens combination was used.

Douglas