Subject: [Leica] Gold Creek Pond
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 02:07:13 -0700

This is a favorite place of ours. A beautiful pond surrounded by the
Cascade Mountains, just east of Snoqualmie Pass summit. You don't have
to be a super hiker to get there and enjoy it. We celebrated my wife's
birthday there this time. The area had only a little of the wildfire
smoke that has been choking the Seattle area the past couple of weeks.
And I bagged this shot.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/52436706939/in/dateposted-public/>

Leica M10-P and Voigtlander 50/1.2. Enjoy!

I have to share one more thing. The pictured spot is a favorite backdrop
for wedding and engagement photos. Just before we left, a young couple
and their equally young female photographer arrived for a shoot. As we
watched them, we realized that this was neither of the above. It was a
"we're having a baby" shoot. The mother-to-be was all decked out in a
full-length green velvet gown. The father-to-be was a burly, bearded,
"Real Northwest Man" kind of guy wearing shorts and a black T-shirt.
Further observation determined that the photographer was as pregnant as
her subject. I have no pictures of this potential parallelism of baby
bumps, as I'm a nice guy, not a predatory paparazzo. I will say that
everyone present had a good laugh over the situation.

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Gold Creek Pond)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Gold Creek Pond)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] [OM] Gold Creek Pond)