Subject: [Leica] Singing the praise of the M10
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 22:46:46 -0700

Richard, I'm so happy to hear you've got an M10. We were all horrified
to hear of your car fire and the loss of your camera. And of course,
very happy that you and your family were not hurt.

I'm totally with you regarding the M10 being the perfect digital M.
Unlike the earlier color digital Ms, it hits all the sweet spots for an
M camera, as many of us have always used them. A landscape photographer
might prefer its higher resolution successors, but you've got your
big-@$$... excuse me, large format cameras for that.? :-)

Enjoy your "gently used" M10, and post pictures!

--Peter

Richard Man wrote:

 > I lost my trusty M9 in a car fire earlier in the year. While I use mainly
 > 4x5 / Hassy for portraits and landscapes, the M is still my go to
camera -
 > I mean, the iPhone 13 is really good, but it's not the same.
 >
 > So last week, I reluctantly sold my Monochrom, which I had only gotten at
 > the beginning of the year, and with the help of "6 months interest free
 > credit", bought the most beat-up M10 I could find to drive the cost
as low
 > as possible. Some collectors would call it "trash condition" but it just
 > has some nicks here and there. No biggie.
 >
 > I think the M10 is the perfect digital M. The ISO1600 and 3200 images are
 > very clean. 24MP is plenty enough for what I need it for. The body
 > ergonomics are just so much better than the M9 series. Back in 2004
when I
 > got my first M, I remember wondering why anyone would complain about the
 > difference of a few millimeters between some M6 models and others.
Well, a

Replies: Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Singing the praise of the M10)