Subject: [Leica] Tuesday Trees
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 05:04:00 -0500

Greetings to all.  I begin this week with a bit of color:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/magenta+door+and+shadows.jpg.html

This one was taken across a highway:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/sunset+treeline.jpg.html

After a rainfall some parts are wet and others are not:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/rain+on+the+oak+trunk.jpg.html

The spring rains really primed the oak trees for success:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/heavy+with+pollen+against+mountain+laurel.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/just+budding+out+with+green+against+blue.jpg.html

The Austin region has a history with cedar logging for fence posts and
other places where durable wood is needed.  This was done predominately by
a specific immigrant group that has made a decent to great living selling
cedar.  Now not so widespread with the advent of steel fence posts and
cement board siding.  I have seen trucks of cedar trunks rolling down the
highway so still somewhat active:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/future+fence+and+bamboo.jpg.html

All the best.

--