Subject: [Leica] Playing with Medium Format
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 20:26:39 +0200

Hi Don,

Thanks, very interesting your comments and based on these tests I see that
there are many possibilities of images depending on the intended purpose. I
think from this point I need to follow these steps:

- Check in the darkroom the real aspect of the copies.
- Check again the Super Ikonta with the rangefinder adjusted.

An important fact that I didn't mention. I took the pictures with the
Rollleiflex with a tripod and placing a 10x magnifying glass on the focusing
screen, with the Super Ikonta they were taken hand held.

I don't know the F64 movement but now I think I should experiment with the
tonal range. Two days ago I had the opportunity to visit a photographic
exhibition in which there was a small and wonderful collection of Emmet
Gowin's prints, extraordinary prints! I stayed a while examining them and
remembered that I had already seen some of them. Last year I bought two
books from the publishing house ?Lustrum Press? founded by Ralph Gibson, in
these books, which I think are essential for anyone who wants to do serious
work in the darkroom, great masters of photography talk about their
techniques, it is exciting, although you can not apply their techniques
exactly, you become aware of the importance of the basis of the tonal range
and it is to admire the artistic work of these true craftsmen of
photography, far from what is done today and without the need for giant
enlargements to large size in which you can count the hairs of the hair. I
recommend these books if only to get an idea of what photography was like 50
or 60 years ago.

Saludos desde Barcelona
Lluis

ISBN : Darkroom 1:  CLOTH 0-912810-20-3  PAPER 0-912810-19-x
ISBN:  Darkroom 2:  HARDCOVER 0-912810-22-x  PAPER  0-912810-21-1