Subject: [Leica] Tuesday Trees
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:20:25 +0200

Hi Don,

I  don?t use Lightroom any more, some time ago, depending of the picture I
processed it in Capture One or Lightroom, but I?ve had always problems with
the LR Catalog when I install a new disc to reset the settings and lost a
lot of them, after a while I?ve decided to not use LR and I have traspassed
all to C1, on the other hand, I work with film and the image on the computer
is just for me a pre-visualization, for this reason I?m not concerned for
the new software improvements. I recognize that many pictures look great, at
least at the monitor and yours are wonderful. I don?t know what is a
calibrated system WYSWYG.

In fact I have never fully adapted to new technologies, I have been trained
since I was very young with film, with mechanical devices, without
batteries. When I started to photograph when I was 13 years old, the most
used films were 15 or 18 DIN (ISO 25 or 50), I perfectly remember one day my
father gave me a 21 DIN film (ISO 100) and he told me, it's fantastic, it's
very fast! In Spain at least it was rare to get Tri-X, and in 1965 I had
used Ferrania 8mm 27 DIN (ISO 400) film for night shots. My favorite until
it was discontinued was Kodak Plus X.

Best!
Lluis