Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 19/8/2022: the universal language
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 19:15:41 +0200

Thanks, Peter.

The recital was about 1hour, here is the programme:
http://www.chopinconcerts.pl/mamiko-ueyama.html
<http://www.chopinconcerts.pl/mamiko-ueyama.html>

I took the photos throughout. As for the equipment, we were travelling with
carry-on only, so I took the lightest outfit that still gives good images.
Specifically, a Panasonic GX80 with the 12-60mm lens as the basic tool, and
the 1.7/20mm lens for low light, plus the Leica 90mm Tele-Elmarit with the
appropriate adapter. For film, I had the Cosina-Voigtl?nder Bessa R2M with a
50mm Summicron collapsible, and of course the 90mm could also be used with
that body.

We are going to Scotland for a few days next week, and I will take a
similarly light outfit with me, although I am thinking of taking the Fuji
X-E3 instead of the Panasonic, and one of my Olympus OM4T bodies for film,
with a couple of lenses that can also be used on the Fuji with my newly
acquired Fotodiox adapter.

As for music, I have a Horowitz CD of Chopin?s music, but I find that it
lacks a bit of emotion. And last year?s winner of the international Chopin
competition, Bruce Liu, blew me away?and he is Chinese-Canadian.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo at frozenlight.eu