Subject: [Leica] [LRflex] OT: TVs
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 08:48:30 -0500

I don?t think in this digital age that tv is off topic. I demand high
resolution  in my camera, and my monitors, thus I want to see the tv image
at a similar quality.

My iPad is larger viewing at 1 foot than my 50? is at ten feet.   There is
very little 4 k production on Satellite or cable, though increasingly
available streaming.

When I bought this 50?, I was planning to place it on a table where it
would be 7 feet away, the arrangement of the room and my wife?s preference
led to us placing it on a wall mount, view distance 10 feet.  I think I
would have been at a sweeter spot with a 65? flat screen.

If I had a very large viewing room, then I?d need an 84?, though I would
not need 8k for sometime.  You buy size according to the viewing space.

I spent a long part of my career in television production, seeking the
highest quality image available.  I?m not satisfied with SD quality.

I watch sporting events (imagine bicycle racing in HD from rural France
shot from the back of a motorcycle and beamed over several hops to rural
Louisiana! )

I watch a lot of news.  It irks me when a network uses an interview done on
zoom and the guest is obviously using their low rez laptop camera.  Their
phone camera would do lots better!

I rarely go to a theater for films anymore, and the new genre of streamed
tv series is really worthwhile entertainment.

I find the image glorious, and I can even cast pictures from my iPad to the
screen so I can enjoy my images with others.

Not exactly a rant, but I use my tv a lot, so a great image is important to
me.

SonC

On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 7:56 AM Frank Filippone via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>

--
Regards,

Sonny