Subject: [Leica] Wednesday Weeds
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 05:03:00 -0500

Greetings to all.  This is another week where you will need to accept a
wider definition of weed.  This first image is some properly supported
wisteria, which is lovely if wanted and a true pest if left on its own:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/Wisteria+ably+supported.jpg.html

In more enlightened times our city government worked magic with
infrastructure and beauty.  They co-opted several commercial ventures into
purchasing a piece of land in a low spot and turning it into a large storm
runoff retention pond.  With a little care and time it has become a refuge
from the city:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/wildflowers+on+the+ridgeline.jpg.html

Given the chance most plants will embrace ample water:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/Stretching+out+over+the+lake.jpg.html

St. Edward's University which is just two blocks from me keeps a barrier
between the campus proper and the city surrounding it.  In the spring and
summer they let the fields go wild which is delightful:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/St_+Edwards+barrier+field.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/St_+Edwards+barrier+field+II.jpg.html

These are still doing quite well even in 45C temps and no rain:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/happy+in+drought.jpg.html

All the best.

--
Don