Subject: [Leica] Monday Misc.
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 21:42:53 +0100

Even over here, Don, nearly 7,500 kms from Austin, Texas, your legal
system is infamous. Someone I know from there (an erstwhile running
acquaintance), had a sister-in-law who was savagely murdered in the
1980s. Her innocent husband spent well over 20 years in prison as a
result of a false conviction. It was an appalling miscarriage of
justice, and quite bizarre. The fact that the death penalty still exists
in your state with its record is quite astonishing.

Douglas