Subject: [Leica] Bloomsday 2022 in Blackrock, Co. Dublin
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 00:18:24 +0100

Scenes from today's James Joyce's Bloomsday festival in Blackrock which
had street theatre on the Main St. with both extracts and music from the
book.

I had been going to head over to the Forty Foot at Sandycove for the
traditional morning swim photographs, especially as it's 100 years since
the publication of Ulysses, and meet up with friends for dinner, but
haven't been well and parked that idea. There's a dreadful lurgy
levelling many people over here. It fairly flattened everyone in the
house, and I'm just recovering after a couple of courses of antibiotics.
So a quiet Joycean centenary for me as I just took a quick set of shots,
and left.

Nine photos in all, and all taken with my Sony A7II with FE Sonnar
55/1.8. I brought too short a lens as there was a big crowd so I was
further away from the actors than I would have liked.
Can be seen larger.

Start here
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Dublin/Blackrock/Bloomsday+Blackrock+2022+1.jpg.html

and click to the right.