Subject: [Leica] Le Cinque Terre, Italy 1997 (New Editions)
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 13:16:19 +0100

Both nice, and from a part of Italy I adore, but only when the
accommodation has air conditioning!
I like the second one best. I presume the women are both tourists.

On the need for air conditioning, we were in Vernazza in the Cinque
Terre in July 2003, and my youngest son who was 10 at the time wasn't
feeling well. We decided to stay over night rather than push on to La
Spezia, and scrabbled around hunting for accommodation. There was almost
nothing available, so we wound up in a cheap and cheerful family room in
a house. We went down to eat a meal down in the village and wound up
sitting beside some American women and chatted to them briefly. They
turned out to be members of the US women's football team.? I was a bit
embarrassed as I didn't know any of them, but then again they didn't
know me either.

We went back to bed and the heat in the room was quite incredible. It
was like sleeping in an oven, except none of us slept. All I can say is
Vernazza is worth a trip, but make sure you get a room with air
conditioning!

Douglas